Monday, September 28, 2009

Somthing new

Makenna went to work with me two days last week. She stayed home from school Thursday with mom, because she had a touch of the stomach flu Wednesday night. By "touch" I mean I changed the bedding in her crib 4 times, it was a long night of vomitting. But mom had to work Friday. So Makenna went with me Friday and Saturday. This video was taken last Friday, Sept. 25, 2009. It shows her in her Kid-Kart, on the job and two of the "sensory issues" she has: 1. being outdoors, 2. touching leaves, grass, animals with long hair......... not to mention already having a queasy tummy. But she does like being on the job, around people, and the chance to explore new things. I do enjoy having her with me but as she gets older and more demanding for attention I find taking her to work is like, "firing two good men". Credit is due to my mom. She came along on Saturday and watched Makenna so I was able to get something done!

The people in the video are: my brother Ray (loading stuff in the pickup) and his wife Laura. They are the ones building the new home. The other person is Tavis Auwerda, from DJA Construction. This was his first job with his new concrete stamps. I really like the way it turned out. You can kinda see the stamping in the video. It looks a lot better now that the "home made" forms were stripped and the release agent washed off.

So I guess this video is about Makenna and concrete stamping. I have wanted to do a stamped concrete job for years but did not want to own all the stuff to do it....Thanks Tavis.

No comments: