Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Celebrate Rare Disease Day!

This year, Rare Disease Day is February 28th in most countries. There is one place in the UK who will host a gathering Tomorrow, Feb 25th and a couple on March 3rd. I just learned about it and wanted to put a link up: http://www.rarediseaseday.org/ I couldn't find any place in the USA where there is a gathering for families and children as is happening in other countries. I suppose there are? But the UK has three sites planned, as I said earlier, and Ireland has one event planned on the 28th in Dublin. Again, just like us we don't live all that close to where the cool stuff happens.
Any way, The UK's You Tube video was better than the USA video.
But visit the site. I also wondered what "disease" meant? It is interchangeable with "Disorder" for our purposes on Rare Disease Day!!

No comments: